Equality and Diversity Policy
Healthcare Homes is committed to encouraging diversity and eliminating discrimination in both its role as an employer and as a provider of services. We aim to create a culture that respects and values each others’ differences, that promotes dignity, equality and diversity, and that encourages individuals to develop and maximise their true potential. We are committed wherever practicable to achieving and maintaining a workforce that broadly reflects the local community in which we operate.
We strive to provide equality and fairness for all employees and in the provision of services and to ensure that we do not discriminate on the grounds of gender, marital status, race, ethnic origin, colour, nationality, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, religion or age. We oppose all forms of unlawful and unfair discrimination. All our employees, whether part-time, full-time or temporary, will be treated fairly and with respect. Selection for employment, promotion, training, or any other benefit will be on the basis of skills and ability.
Healthcare Homes’ commitment to Equality and Diversity is:
- To create an environment in which individual differences and the contributions of all employees are recognised and valued.
- To create a working environment that promotes dignity and respect for all. No form of intimidation, bullying or harassment will be tolerated.
- To ensure training, development and progression opportunities are available to all.
- To promote equality in the workplace.
- To regularly review all employment practices and procedures to ensure that no job applicants or staff are treated less favourably than others.
- To regularly review services to ensure they are accessible and appropriate to all groups within society.
- To treat breaches of our Equality and Diversity Policy (“the Policy”) seriously and to take disciplinary action when required.
- To provide information and training to all employees so that they are fully aware of the issues relating to Equality and Diversity and their responsibilities relating to them.
- To develop Equality Objective(s) to ensure that the Policy is fully implemented.
- To ensure that the Policy is fully supported by the Board of Directors.
- To monitor and review the Policy annually.