A home from home
Residential care is where a person needing care moves into a care home setting instead of being cared for in their own home. This often happens when an older person is finding it difficult to live independently and safely at home or when family, friends and carers can no longer meet their needs. Residential care is well-suited to those who need support to get around and complete their daily activities safely, but who are not yet in need of nursing care. It also offers a sense of companionship and community for those who have found themselves becoming more isolated over time.
- Unlimited support - Carers are always on-hand to provide support whenever it is needed, whatever the time of day or night
- Tailored care - We make sure that every aspect of care, from daily routines to meals and activities, is tailored to the individual
- Stimulating activities - Our homes offer a varied programme of activities, allowing residents to continue existing hobbies and pastimes or take up new ones
- High-quality dining - Our chef-led catering teams provide delicious home-cooked meals and snacks throughout the day
- Connection - Residents can enjoy companionship and friendship within the home and the local community
- Safety - We assess every resident’s individual needs and create tailored care plans to keep them safe and well
It can be tricky to know what type of care is right for you, but you’ll know when the time is right when you start seeing signs that they need more help and support than you are able to provide.
Alternatives to residential care can include:
- Nursing care – 24-hour care delivered by a registered nursing team in a care home setting. This care is suitable for people with higher level needs requiring medical support from registered nurses.
- Home care – From 30 minute visits up to 24-hour care, carers will visit your loved one in their own home to provide support including personal care routines, support taking medication and help at mealtimes.
- Live-in care – Living with your loved one in their own home, carers can provide round-the-clock support enabling them to maintain their independence and lifestyle at home.
If you need any help or advice in choosing the right level of care for your needs, our friendly advisors are on hand to chat through your options.
Find the right care solution
Filter your search by location and care service.
Get in touch to discuss residential care
Our friendly advisors are here to answer any questions you may have about residential care. Call us on 01206 646646 for a no obligation chat or use our simple enquiry form to request a call back from one of the team.
Tenchley Manor enjoyed a heartening visit from six young individuals representing Youth Dream Selsey. The visit aimed to spread joy and festive cheer to the...